Monday, September 24, 2012

Love for Those We Don't Know

So yesterday I was donating blood. Just an average Sunday, you know? Just kidding.

Anyway, I try to donate whenever I get reminded of how such a small act can save a life. So, I was pretty inspired by the amount of people who felt the same as I did. I spent about a total of 1.5 hours waiting/donating/recovering, and I arrived before the crowd did, so I'm sure these people waited longer.

There is something awesomely admirable and awakening to be in an environment where you know everyone is there to do good.


I love this picture because it shows regular people like you and I, dedicating some time on a Sunday, when they could be watching football, eating Sunday pasta, or taking a walk in the beautiful New York Autumn weather. However, they instead chose to donate blood. Yes, I know I'm writing a lot of run-on sentences, but heck, when I get inspired, I can hardly breathe in between speaking and thinking, so why wouldn't my typing be the same?

I feel blessed to have experienced such love, not just from one person, but from many. And not only that, it was love for the unknown; for a person you will never know you helped.

It also happened to be World Peace Day this past weekend. Just a thought, just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment